Why not take a few moments to see if you can save yourself some money on auto insurance in Gulfport? Put your zip code in the box above, and we can give you quotes that will make that job easier.
Find out which auto insurance companies in Gulfport MS will give you the best deals, then choose the one that works best for you!
In the state of Mississippi, all drivers have to maintain liability insurance on their vehicle and keep a card in the vehicle proving that coverage. The minimum coverage you are allowed to carry is as follows:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person in one accident
- $50,000 bodily injury all persons per accident
- $25,000 property damage per accident
You have 3 options for satisfying the requirement.
(1) You can purchase insurance for at least the minimum amounts required and carry proof of that coverage.
(2) You can make a security (cash) deposit in the same amount as the minimum requirement.
(3) You can post a bond in the minimum required amount.
Top Ten Stolen Vehicles In Mississippi
1 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size 1994
2 Ford Pickup (Full Size) 2006
3 Nissan Altima 2015
4 Chevrolet Impala 2006
5 GMC Pickup (Full Size 2000
6 Toyota Camry 2014
7 Honda Accord 2007
8 Dodge Pickup (Full Size) 2005
9 Chevrolet Malibu 2015
10 Chevrolet Tahoe 2005
Even though the state of Mississippi requires that all drivers carry liability insurance on their vehicles, unfortunately there are many uninsured drivers on the roads and highways of Mississippi. To protect yourself in the event that an uninsured motorist hits your car, you may want to carry Uninsured Motorist coverage, because you may not be able to collect damages, otherwise.
Another issue you may want to consider is the possibility of being hit by a driver who doesn't have enough insurance coverage to pay for the full extent of your damages. That type of driver is an "underinsured" motorist. With UM/UIM insurance coverage (Uninsured/Underinsured) you can help protect yourself against either of those situations. You could make a claim through your own insurance company for injuries or damages.
There's no reason to pay more for your auto insurance coverage than necessary. There are several ways you can reduce the amount you'll be paying to the insurance company for your policy. Check out these suggestions...
* If you carry comprehensive and/or collision coverage, ask for the highest deductible that you can safely afford to pay.
* Keep your driving record clear of accidents or tickets.
* If your car is older or already paid for, consider dropping comprehensive and collision coverage, since your premiums might cost more than you would receive if your auto gets damaged.
* Check into discounts for: good student, safe driver, multi-car policy, non-smoker, etc.
Do your homework. Find out how an insurance company treats its policyholders. Do an online search to learn if the company pays claims in a timely manner. Or does the company make its policyholders wait and wait for a resolution each time.
COMMON SENSE NUGGETS:
To stay safe in today's world, here's some advice...
- Lock your doors the minute you get into your car.
- Leave enough distance between you and the car in front of you at a stop light, so that you can pull away quickly if necessary.
- Never walk to your car alone in a dimly lit parking lot at night.
- Do NOT lower your window if a stranger approaches wanting to speak to you. - Hide valuables and shopping bags in the trunk or totally out-of-sight.
Copyright 2004 - 2017. cheap auto insurance Featuring cheap auto insurance in Gulfport MS. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. | Cheap Mississippi Auto Insurance | city of Gulfport MS | cheap auto insurance in Mississippi | more Gulfport MS facts | Mississippi Insurance Department - Auto Insurance | Mississippi Auto Insurance Resources