Don't waste your hard-earned money when you can save with cheap auto insurance in Norman OK! Find the best auto insurance pricing possible by entering your zip code in the box above. We'll provide discount quotes from insurance carriers who insure in the Norman area.
Don't spend time on the phone talking with agent after agent or driving all over town. Sit back and relax. We'll help get the quotes you need for cheap car insurance in Norman OK!
The State of Oklahoma requires that automobile liability insurance be maintained. The minimum coverage acceptable is $25,000/$50,000/$25,000. That means you must carry $25,000 Bodily Injury coverage for each person, $50,000 total Bodily Injury for all persons injured in an accident, and $25,000 for Property Damage coverage.
You may also want to add Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage. If you are injured by someone who doesn't have insurance, this coverage would pay. It takes the place of the coverage that the other driver SHOULD have had.
As well, the Underinsured portion would pay if the other driver is "at-fault" but doesn't have a high enough liability amount to cover the extent of your damages.
In addition to Liability insurance, there are additional types of coverage you can add to your auto policy. Many of these are relatively inexpensive. These include ...
(1) Towing and Labor -
This coverage pays towards the cost of towing and/or repairing your vehicle if you become stranded or your vehicle won't start. Some policies cover flat tire repair, lockouts, and battery jumpstarts.
(2) Rental Reimbursement -
This coverage pays the expenses you incur for a rental vehicle while your automobile is being repaired for damages from an auto accident.
(3) Extra Electronic Equipment -
You can add this coverage which will pay to replace your electronic equipment when coverage is not provided already for tapes, records, CDs, and extra electronic equipment, etc.
(2) GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) -
Will pay, for example, if your car is totaled in an accident, but the cash value of the car is not as much as the amount you owe on the loan. GAP coverage will pay the difference.
The most frequently stolen vehicles in Oklahoma for 2014 were:
1. 2004 Chevrolet Full Size Pickup
2. 2006 Ford Full Size Pickup
3. 1994 Chevrolet Pickup (Small Size)
4. 1996 Honda Accord
5. 2001 Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
6. 1998 Honda Civic
7. 1994 GMC Pickup (Full Size)
8. 2004 Chevrolet Impala
9. 2001 Ford Mustang
10. 1994 Ford Pickup (Small Size)
(a) Where you live -
In your area, the road conditions, vehicle density, population, amount of accidents and claims, and repair rates are all factors that contribute to your total premium rate.
(b) Your Driving Record -
This has the largest impact on your premium rates. At-fault accidents and convictions for moving violations within the 3-year period leading up to your application or renewal greatly affect your cost.
(c) Vehicle Use -
The more you use your vehicle, the higher your premium will be. If you just use your vehicle occasionally, you will pay less than if you drive to work 20 miles each day.
(d) Type of Vehicle -
The style of vehicle, likelihood of theft, and cost of repair/replacement will all affect your premium. A high end sports car will definitely raise your rate more than a mid-level family car.
Car Insurance in Norman
(1) Pay annually or semi-annually instead of monthly
(2) Consider increasing your deductibles
(3) accident free drivers discount
(4) good student discount
(5) multiple vehicle discount
(6) nonsmokers discount
(7) passive restraint discount (automatic seat belts, air bags)
If you get a ticket for speeding, you lose PLENTY! First you lose TIME... time sitting by the side of the road while the police officer writes your ticket, as well as the time required to pay the fine and/or appear in court. You may lose even more time if you are ordered by the judge to take a safe driver course.
But, without a doubt, the biggest cost is felt in the future rise in your insurance premiums. The costs in future insurance premiums for your speeding ticket are MUCH more than the fine you got in connection with the speeding violation. Some speeding tickets can even result in your insurance company dropping your coverage entirely or refusing to renew your auto coverage.
(1) Remain calm. Don't panic.
(2) Call the police
(3) Get the other driver(s)' info... name, address, drivers license number, tag number, insurance info
(4) Write down the date, time, location, damage & injuries, road conditions
(5) Get witnesses' info
(6) Take pictures
(7) Draw a diagram
(8) Notify your insurance company ASAP
(1) If you enlist in the military, your policy should cover you even if you are stationed in another state. At renewal time, you may need to purchase insurance in your current "stationed" state.
(2) If your son or daughter goes away to college, your insurance should cover that child as long as he/she is a permanent resident of your home.
(3) Your policy should cover you for driving in Canada. However, it will NOT cover you for driving in Mexico.
Copyright 2004 - 2016. cheap auto insurance Featuring cheap car insurance in Norman OK. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. | cheap insurance | Norman, OK | cheap car insurance | cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma | Oklahoma Insurance Department | Oklahoma Auto Insurance Resources